Recently I’ve tested the hypervisor upgrade functionality on the Nutanix platform. Is that so easy as it seems to be? let’s prove.
The required steps were:
Reserve some minutes before lunch for preparation
- Download json file from nutanix support portal
- Download the offline bundle from my.vmware.com
to find the right offline bundle just put the md5 sum from the json array
- To download the right version from the portal I copy the md5 sum from the json file
- just search for the md5sum in the my.vmware.com portal and you get the right download:
- in Prism: select “Upgrade Software / Hypervisor” and upload the json file and the offline bundle to PRISM
- You need to provide the login credentials for vcenter
- Before doing the upgrade I had to disable “Admission Control”
- Then I started the upgrade and instead of playing 2048 I started my lunchbreak (and doing some screenshots)
- that was easy!